The 65 Roses Cycle is just one day away and it looks like it’s going to be a beautiful day.……..with your help we hope to raise €3,000 for Cystic Fibrosis Ireland; please come along on the day or sign up at https://give.everydayhero.com/ie/65-roses-cycle
The cycle starts at 10am, join us for a coffee beforehand!
65km cycle starts from Malone Group office, Blanchardstown Corporate Park at 10am sharp
- Registration opens at 9:00am
- There is free parking available on site
- Once you arrive please sign in to register.
A card with emergency contact numbers will be available at registration. Please take this with you on the cycle. Day insurance with Cycling Ireland with thanks to Blanch Wheelies, is required and will be available for €5 for those not already not members of Cycle Ireland.
There will be tea/coffee and scones available before we start so arrive early.
Bags can be left in the office.
Safety – Please ensure that you have the following as a minimum
- Helmets are compulsory
- Roadworthy bike, spare tubes, levers, working brakes
- Mobile phone – if you become detached and need support it is essential. We do not want anyone to get into distress.
Phone 01 8665890 if in difficulty for any reason
The following are recommended:
- Suitable cycling clothes (rainwear can be left in one of the roving van if the weather changes).
- At least one fluid bottle. We will be on the road about 3 hours
- Be sure to keep some energy giving food such as bars, bananas etc. with you and eat regularly.
We are cycling on open roads and the Rules of the Road apply. Obey traffic lights and cycle no more than two abreast. Be conscious of oncoming traffic and traffic trying to pass. Call to the rest of the group when cars are trying to pass.
The roads are in fairly good condition but if you are at the front of a group make sure you call the pot holes left, right or center as those behind you may not see them. When cycling in a group, allow enough braking distance between you and the cyclist in front when coming down hills.
Please remember it is not a race. We recommend cyclists at similar levels and speed should work together as it is a more enjoyable experience in a group.
The 65km route is available on https://www.strava.com/routes/7690400
These can be downloaded to the Strava app on any smartphone.
Support personnel will be positioned at major junctions.
Mid way stop at Culmullin Primary School.
Enjoy your day and thank you for supporting Cystic Fibrosis Ireland!